Scheme on ‘Sub-Mission on Polytechnics under the Coordinated Action for Skill Development’ has been approved by the MHRD, Govt. of India. One of the components of the said Scheme is for implementation of the Scheme of ‘Community Development Through Polytechnics (CDTP)’. Under this component, it is proposed to provide non-formal skill development training to rural as well as disadvantaged sections of the community including unemployed, school drop-outs, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities, Women and Physically Challenged etc.
- To carry out Need Assessment Surveys to asses the technology and training needs.
- To impart Skill Development Training to the intended target groups.
- To disseminate Appropriate Technologies for productivity enhancement.
- To provide Technical Support services to rural masses and slums dwellers.
- To create awareness among the target groups about technological advancement and contemporary issues importance.